Your health and safety is our #1 priority, and we’re committed to keeping our sites clean and safe. As a leader in mental healthcare, we are taking every proactive measure to protect our associates during this dynamic situation while serving the needs of our community. Although we cannot eliminate all risks associated with COVID-19, we’ve taken several additional steps to strengthen our existing cleaning procedures to help keep our associates safe as essential frontline workers.
Below are some of the things we’re doing to keep you safe:
- All new hires and current Associates are given a PPE bag which includes masks, hand sanitizer, a reusable water jug and CDC notices. Associates can request additional PPE as needed to feel safe on-the-job.
- Associates must sign in and out upon entering and leaving any of our sites, including taking a temperature check as well as wearing a face mask at all times when on-site.
- Continually monitoring for symptoms of clients and associates.
- Contact-tracing when necessary.
- Associates who can work remotely are required to do so at this time.
- All associates complete training related to enhanced cleanliness and sanitization procedures enforced by the CDC.
- Increased, thorough cleaning of sites will be conducted every day, especially in common areas and on high-touch surfaces.
- Sanitization stations will be available throughout each site for associates.
- Actively monitoring and responding to all recommendations made by the CDC and our local regulatory and health authorities.
- CDC signage is placed throughout all sites that highlights proper handwashing and mask-wearing guidelines.
- Routine updates from our CEO and HR Director on the status of our agency as it relates to the pandemic.