Bucks County’s First Crisis Residential Program
Unlike inpatient hospitalization, The Lodge is an unlocked environment that offers voluntary service delivered with a person-centered approach. Much attention is given to the environment and treatment approach so that guests feel welcomed, affirmed, and validated. You play an active part in the treatment planning process by providing input on your goals for treatment. This approach has been shown to provide higher levels of satisfaction and improved outcomes.
How Can The Lodge Help Me?
- The Lodge is designed for recovery. It is a safe place where our clinical team can help you start to feel better.
- It is a welcoming place to get away from the stresses that may be adding to your mental health crisis.
- Housed in a newly constructed, home-like setting, we offer private rooms with a semiprivate bathroom,
complimentary meals, free Wi-Fi, no-cost/on-site laundry, a spacious patio with an indoor/outdoor fireplace, view of the reflection pond, and outdoor meditation walk.
- Mental health professionals are available 24/7 to help stabilize your symptoms, help keep you safe, and learn new ways to cope.
- You can talk about traumatic experiences and explore your thoughts, ideas, and feelings with others who have been through similar experiences.
- You can work with an individual therapist to help you learn more about events, people, or situations that may have prompted your mental health crisis and how to cope with or avoid them.
- You may find a new treatment, medication, or combination of both that helps you.
- Your voice matters. You are directly involved in developing a personalized treatment plan with guidance and support from our clinical team. These teams are often comprised of individual therapists, certified peer specialists, mental health professionals, psychiatrists, nurses, and those individuals meaningful to your life.
- We help with more than just finding respite from a difficult time. Becoming stable after a crisis is an amazing achievement, but recovery towards a fulfilled, content life is an important tenet for The Lodge. We offer long- term treatment planning and connections to continue care to help guide you towards a fulfilling recovery that works for you.
Lenape Valley Foundation is proud to offer therapeutically-sound treatments at The Lodge. The average stay at The Lodge is five to ten days. During that time, individuals can expect to participate in treatment planning that is structured to offer a robust foundation for healing. This will incorporate evidence-based interventions to address an individual’s clinical need.
Trauma Informed Care
Our approach to healing includes recognizing and responding to the presence of trauma symptoms in a caring and thoughtful way, while acknowledging the role that trauma has played in one’s life.
The journey toward feeling better and living better is defined and shaped differently by each person. At The Lodge, individuals will participate in individual, group, and family therapy as well as medication evaluation and follow-up. Nursing staff will ensure medical needs are addressed. Individual, collaborative treatment planning will be designed for each guest and will include a transition-to-home plan. Linkages to service providers near the guest’s home will be made prior to discharge.
Our mental health professionals help care for both the individual in crisis and their natural supports (like friends and
family), through support, education and family therapy.
Learn more about the Lodge by downloading our PDF brochures
The Lodge is Critical to
Bucks County Residents
1 in 5
Americans will Have a mental health crisisOne in Five American citizens will experience a mental health crisis in the coming 12 months.
Bucks County Residents will attempt suicideStatistics tell us over 80 Bucks County residents will successfully complete a suicide attempt this year alone.
of adults will not seek mental health treatmentAccording to the National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI), 56% of adults will not seek treatment every year.
Capital Campaign Raises $1.6 Million for The Lodge
Thanks to the overwhelming generosity of many donors, the dream of opening The Lodge became a reality in 2019.
The diligent work of our Board of Directors and Capital Campaign Committee resulted in a successful fundraising campaign that raised over $1.6 million to fund the construction of the facility.
Donor Recognition Naming Photos