Lenape Valley Foundation’s Transitional Outpatient Program, also referred to as TOP, provides a more intensive group therapy model and a higher level of care than traditional outpatient services.
- This program offers a 90-minute process therapy group that covers a number of topics including: depression, anxiety, grief and loss, and psychosis among others. The groups will include, but are not limited to developing and maintaining coping skills, trigger management, psychoeducation, and when appropriate, referrals to other therapeutic services.
- Although TOP runs five days a week, individuals are scheduled to attend two to four days per week. (Clients must attend at least two days per week to remain in TOP)
- Check in starts at 9am and groups run from 9:30am-11:00am. A typical length of stay in the program can range from two to six months. Ongoing conversations between TOP therapists and other service providers are made to ensure the client is receiving the most therapeutically appropriate services.
- New clients who do not have an individual outpatient therapist at LVF, will develop with their TOP clinician, an individualized treatment plan that is tailored to meet each person’s specific goals and needs.
- Please note that Medication Management appointments and Individual Therapy are not affiliated with this program; however, they are available through our Outpatient Department and can be independently scheduled as needed and desired.
- If you feel a more intensive, five-day program would be more appropriate, please inquire about our Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
Who is eligible for this program?
- Individuals requiring additional support with a psychiatric illness
- Individuals who wish to return to daytime jobs and other daytime commitments.
- Individuals who are ready for discharge from an inpatient setting, but are assessed to be in need of continued support and ongoing therapeutic intervention.
- Individuals with co-occurring disorders will be serviced by LVF staff or referred to ancillary services as appropriate.
How do I access TOP?
- New admissions to the Lenape Valley Foundation family will first be instructed to complete a walk in in-take. These can be completed without a scheduled appointment during the following hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9am-2pm. Tuesday and Thursday 9am-6pm. Walk in intakes are taken on a first come, first served basis.
- Admission for current LVF clients can be scheduled during business hours, Monday through Friday. Call the TOP Program Coordinator at 267-893-5215.
- Admissions from an inpatient hospitalization: Referral packets, including psychiatric evaluations, current medication regimens, demographics, and laboratory results can be faxed to 215-348-8957. Contact the TOP Clinical Coordinator at 267-893-5215 for initial appointment. In some cases, next treatment day admissions are possible.
- The Lenape Valley Foundation Transitional Outpatient Program accepts Health Choices, Medical Assistance, Magellan, Aetna, and most major health insurance programs. Co-pays may be applicable for each group attended and are expected at time of service. Payment plans are available.
- Transportation is available for this more intensive outpatient service to any client residing within Bucks County, who is not eligible for BCT. TOP Transportation does not include transport to individual therapy or medication management appointments. Please inquire with staff if you are in need of transportation; please note that depending upon where you live in Bucks County, transportation will be provided to whichever TOP service location is closest.
The Transitional Outpatient Program is offered in two locations:
Main Office – Doylestown
500 N. West Street
Doylestown, PA 18901
499 Bath Road
Bristol, PA 19007
To schedule admission or for additional information, call the Transitional Outpatient Program director during business hours, Monday – Friday at 267-893-5030.